Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Stitch Fix - June 2014 Review

Stitch Fix is a subscription service where a stylist sends you five items each month based on your profile. You pick what you'd like to keep and send back what you don't like.

My first Fix was great, but my second and third made me start to wonder if they even look at the styling profiles and Pinterest boards. As the fourth Fix was shipped, I was really hoping that they would get a bit better as Stitch Fix learned my style.

Allison, my stylist for this month, didn't disappoint! Her note even mentioned that she had looked at my blog and that it helped. So, with sinusitis still kicking, I put on my Stitch Fix fashion show.


Blake Side Ruched V-Neck Knit Shirt - $48.00



I'm always a bit concerned with v-neck shirts. Many of them dip too low for me and my modesty. This one didn't do that, though. It does fit a little tighter than I'd like at the belly, but hey, black is slimming, right?

The price is also a bit steep for what's a fairly basic shirt, but I do love the ruched sides. After some debate in my head, I decided to keep this one.

Status: Kept




Drake Snake Print Cross-Front Blouse - $68.00


First, I have to say that the silly pose in this picture was the creation of my 8 year-old son.

My first impression here after seeing the description was, "snake print?" At this time in my life, I have exactly ZERO items in my closet that have any kind of animal print, especially snake! I didn't check it off as patterns to avoid in my profile because I wanted to keep an open mind about it.

However, it wasn't the print that deterred me from this blouse. I actually was surprised to like the print! It was the fit of the blouse. It was big, boxy, and too low cut. It was unflattering and made me look bigger than I actually am. The cross-front portion of the blouse was also difficult to see as it was camouflaged.

Ah, so this is what I'd look like if I were pregnant.

Status: Sent back



Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan - $48.00


I love this type of cardigan! I love this color! I love the length! I love the price.  With that many loves, this one was a no-brainer.

The cardigan is also light enough that I can wear it to church, especially now that our church's air conditioning is working.

Status: Kept





Dean Ankle Zip Skinny Jean - $78.00


These were really cute jeans. The zipper at the ankle gave them a cute little twist and the price is the cheapest price I've seen for jeans from Stitch Fix. The problem with these jeans is they were too short.

I don't know if they were designed to be short, but I'm a girl of the 90s where "high waters" were just not acceptable and I still haven't gotten out of that mind set. The inseam was also a bit on the short side.

Status: Sent back




Kacie Half Flap Crossbody Bag - $48.00


I used to carry around small crossbody purses before I became a mom. When I adopted my two boys, I switched over to what I called a "mom purse". However, I could never find a bag big enough for my needs that was also crossbody, so I ended up with a handbag.

My Pinterest board is plastered with bags like this one, so, although this is the first time Stitch Fix has sent me a bag, I can't really say I'm surprised to see it. I am quite happy, though!

It's a little smaller than my everyday handbag, but I like it too much to send it back.

Status: Kept




Overall


With three items kept, this is the most successful Stitch Fix I've received. If the jeans had fit, I would have had a real conundrum regarding the blouse as it would have been cheaper to keep it since you get 25% off if you keep all five items. Who knows, though, I may have been swayed to send back the ruched shirt in that case.


If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for Stitch Fix and get your first Fix scheduled!

My next Fix is scheduled on July 1, 2014.

See all of my Stitch Fix reviews.

No comments :

Post a Comment