Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stitch Fix - March 2014 Review

As I make all these lifestyle changes, one thing I considered was an award system. So, I decided if I was going to do all this work to feel great, why not look great, too? ;)

I chose to do a subscription service called Stitch Fix. I'm not going to explain exactly how it works because there are plenty of other places you can get that information. All I'll say is that you get five fashion items shipped to you each month or so and then you decide what you keep and what goes back.

I was so excited for my first "Fix" and it just came today. My stylist for my first Fix was Megumi.



Freida Skinny Jean - $118.00


I love these jeans! They fit me just right in the waist and hips. Even the length was great. I really struggle finding jeans that fit this nicely and are flattering. On top of that, I really need jeans. However, hello, sticker shock! At $118, I just can't justify buying them. I'll have to sadly return them.

Status: Sent back



Cosette Crochet Detail Knit Shirt - $48.00


Out of the box, I wasn't too fond of this shirt. When I put it on, it still didn't call out to me. I didn't care much for the knitting at the top of the shirt. The material was also very thin and the color of my skin came through especially at the stomach.

Status: Sent back




Jaimie Eyelet Striped Cardigan - $48.00


The note from the stylist left in the box suggested that I pair this cardigan with the shirt reviewed above. I did this, even though I intended to send the other shirt back. I really liked the detail in this cardigan and I can imagine layering over many shirts I already have in my closet. The price is reasonable as well. 

Status: Kept




Vita Boat Neck Stripe Knit Shirt - $68.00


This shirt didn't flatter me at all. I put it on and I immediately wanted to take it off. It seemed to make my stomach look bigger than it actually is. On top of that, the price was a bit much for what seemed like something I could get at Target for $20. This one can't go back fast enough.

Status: Sent back




Hallowell Ombre Knit Sweater - $48.00


Once again, out of the box, I didn't like this one much. Once I put it on, though, I quickly changed my mind. I love the color, love the length of the sleeves, and it will be wonderful to layer with during a Colorado Spring. The price is right, too.

Status: Kept




Overall

I was hoping for more than two out of five, but this Fix was a bit on the pricey side, so that's probably for the best. There was only one item that I at least didn't consider and I so wish I could keep the jeans. Overall, it was fun to try on some new things at home and I'm already looking forward to my next Fix.

If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for Stitch Fix and get your first Fix scheduled!

My next Fix is scheduled for April 8, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment