Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Personal Blenders

As I made my resolution to become more healthy, one of the areas I knew I needed to focus on was my diet. I love fast food and eating out. It's convenient, it's saves time, and I don't have to turn my oven or stove on in the summer. It's no secret, though, that fast food is bad, bad, and bad.

When I wasn't eating fast food, I was snacking on chips, drinking Diet Pepsi, and munching on Ramen. More badness all around. Fruits and vegetables were rarely ever to be seen on my plate.

One area I can say I was doing well in was avoiding sugary snacks. As another health issue reared its ugly head, sugar had to be greatly reduced. I've cut sugar out of my diet now for over twenty months and don't intend on going back.

Nutrition was key here. If I no longer want to get sick, I needed more antioxidants in my food so that I could boost my immune system. I decided I would try a personal blender to help me mush up some fruits to my liking.

The first blender I bought was a Farberware 17-Piece Rocket Blender. It cost me $20 at Walmart. I didn't expect a lot from this blender, but I wanted to make sure that I was going to actually use it before buying something a bit more costly. As expected, I got what I paid for. The blender left big chunks of fruit, including whole blackberries, untouched. It left my smoothies a bit chunkier than I would like. Despite the blenders lack of quality, I still used it daily.

My husband took to the machine as well. We found that we started making more trips to the grocery store for some fresh fruit and both found different recipes that we liked. So, I decided to go ahead and purchase the NutriBullet 900 Pro Series personal blender.

The NutriBullet 900 Pro was a bit more pricey, but my husband and I now knew we'd used and figured we should put some money into our health. I found it for $149.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond and we've been using it on a daily basis. It grinds up the fruits really well, including the spinach I throw into mine.

After purchasing these personal blenders, my diet has already changed. I'm eating foods now with more vitamins and antioxidants than I ever have before. It was the first step to a healthier me.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. blenders

    ReplyDelete