Monday, March 17, 2014

Fitbit

Now that I had a personal blender to help me get more antioxidants in my diet, it was time to move towards fixing my lack of exercise issue. My first step was to go to my local Target and buy a Fitbit.

Fitbit is a series of devices that you clip onto clothing or strap to your wrist and it tracks your steps throughout the day. We've all heard of these types of pedometers, so what makes this one so special?

I went for the Fitbit One. It can clip to my belt or slip into my pocket and is small enough that I don't really notice it. There are some watch options, but I don't really like wearing items on my wrist because they usually end up at my elbow.

This pedometer, however, doesn't just count your steps. It calculates how many calories you've burned throughout the day and even tracks any restlessness during your sleep. Since sleep is also an area I'm looking to improve, this was definitely the device for me.

iPhone screenshot
The Fitbit takes all the date it collects and the syncs it with your computer and an app you can install on your phone. It will also let you see the progress of your friends (if they allow that in their settings) so that you can see how you compare and how your friends are doing.

After only having the Fitbit One for a week, I went back to the store and picked up a Fitbit Aria. This is a scale that syncs with the Fitbit dashboard so I can track both devices in one place.

I've had my Fitbit devices now for over a month and so far they have confirmed what I already knew, I don't get enough exercise. As I work to change this, the Fitbit will be a great tool to track how much I've progressed.


Chrome screenshot

No comments :

Post a Comment