Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Elliptical Machine

After acquiring my Fitbit One, it became obvious just how much exercise I wasn't getting. As a woman who gets sick far too often, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Therefore, the idea of going to a gym is out. I also have a slightly twisted tibia bone, which makes it hard to find running shoes that will keep my knees from taking a beating if I try running. So, I had to bring the gym to me.

After some research and reading a lot of reviews, I decided to get the Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine. I ordered it on Amazon and got free delivery. However, when they delivered it, due to insurance reasons (or so they said), they wouldn't take the 215 lb monstrosity beyond the garage.

Bless my poor husband and my friend Brandon. They had to haul the heavy equipment still in its box up a flight of stairs and into our bedroom. Once that was done, my husband spent a few hours putting it together.

Once it was together, I was very impressed by how quiet the machine was. The last one we had was pretty clunky, so I can appreciate a smooth and quiet stride. After it had some continual use, however, it got a little noisier. There's a slight clunking noise and some squeakiness to it.

I've used it every weekday so far and on most Saturdays since I've had it. I haven't seen much of a result weight wise, yet, but I'm keeping my exercise routine simple and easy right now and slowly increasing the intensity and length. I want to do this right and I know that a slow start is the way to go.

No comments :

Post a Comment