Saturday, June 21, 2014

BarkBox for Small Dogs - June 2014 Review

BarkBox is a subscription service that sends treats and toys that are safe for your dog based on their size. They also donate to rescued dogs.

Ever since I subscribed to Stitch Fix, BarkBox ads have been popping up all over my Facebook news feed. I bit (pun intended) and ordered a BarkBox for a small dog. I have two small dogs, a Shiba Inu and a Puggle, but I figured they could share.

They got their first BarkBox today and could smell the treats right away. They were very excited!




JW Pet



This toy is meant to hold little treats for the dog to enthusiastically figure out how to extract them. I decided to give it to my Shiba Inu Aki first because she loves to chew and she doesn't have the power jaws my Puggle Snuggles has. Aki lost interest in getting to the treats pretty quickly, but she is still chewing on the white ends.

UPDATE: Snuggles started carrying this toy around the house and Aki immediately wanted it back.

Etta Says


Etta Says Duck Meat Treats are shaped like little bones. Both dogs loved them.


Bistro Bites


Bistro Bites Chicken Liver treats are shaped like little hearts. Again, both dogs love them. Snuggles scarfs down anything put in front of her face. Aki does, too, but she really seems to love these treats. She'll sit a lot quicker when I have one of these in my hands than with any other treat.


Mr. Barksmith's


This is a carrot cake flavored slushie for dogs. Sounds like the perfect treat for a hot, summer day. When it arrived, I put it in the freezer.

When I gave her the slushie after a walk on a hot July day, Aki seemed dismissive of it at first. However, once she realized she wasn't getting anything else, she licked away and seemed to like it.

See what Snuggles thought of the pina colada flavor.

Barkworthies


This stick, made out of beef bladder, was given to Snuggles. She has some powerful jaws and usually goes through these types of sticks within a few minutes. It seemed pretty strong and the description said they were "both long-lasting and delicious". Three minutes after this picture was taken, it was gone. Delicious, yes. Long-lasting, not for Snuggles. Maybe next time I'll give it to Aki.


Overall


Both Aki and Snuggles were very pleased with what was in the box. All of the treats seem to be made with healthy ingredients. If my doggies are pleased, so am I.

If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for BarkBox and get your first shipment scheduled!

Our next BarkBox is scheduled to be shipped on July 15, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment