Friday, July 18, 2014

BarkBox for Small Dogs - Review July 2014

BarkBox is a subscription service that sends treats and toys that are safe for your dog based on their size. They also donate to rescued dogs.

I have two small dogs, a Shiba Inu and a Puggle. They share just one box.

They got their second BarkBox today. The theme was "Surf's up, Pups".



Before I move on to my reviews, I have to mention that Aki, my Shiba Inu, wasn't in a great mood today. She's very skittish and had a "crisis" today involving a little girl and a water bottle.


P.L.A.Y. Crab Toy



This cute little orange crab was a hit with Snuggles. She's not picky, though. Give her anything that has a squeaker in it and she's one happy dog.

Due to the nature of this toy, we decided to give it to Aki, though. Snuggles would probably tear it up within fifteen minutes unsupervised.

UPDATE: Snuggles takes this toy out of Aki's pin every chance she gets. She's using it as a pillow now.

Loopies Corduroy Whale Toy


James and I really tried to get Aki to play with this one, but she just wasn't interested. Once again, though, the never picky Snuggles loved it. After all, it too, squeaked. She was very reluctant to give it back so we could put it in Aki's pin for the same reasons we mentioned on the crab toy.

My hope is once Aki settles down, she'll play with it a bit.

UPDATE: Snuggles got a hold of this toy and tore a hole in it about three days after we received it. 


PetSafe Indigo Triple Chews


These chews claim to have antioxidants, probiotics, and are teeth cleaning. Well, if that's all true, very well done.

Snuggles LOVED these. She ran into the other room as soon as I gave it to her. She likes to eat long lasting chews in places where she thinks no one will take it from her.

Aki, on the other hand, let it sit on her pillow. See that bone shaped item in the red circle on the picture to the left? Yep, that's it.


Mr. Barksmith's Pina Colada Smoothie


We got a carrot cake smoothie last month that I still hadn't given to either of the dogs, so I gave Aki the carrot cake and Snuggles the pina colada once they were frozen.

Snuggles was very excited about this smoothie as I prepped them. Notice the blur of a tail wag in the picture. She LOVES doggie ice cream, so I thought she'd love these smoothies as well. However, Snuggles left this in her bowl unfinished. This was shocking, because, in my six years of having Snuggles, I have never seen her walk away from any kind of food.

See what Aki thought of the carrot cake flavor.

Think! Dog Louisiana Crab Jerky


These treats are soft and are shaped like little paw prints. Both dogs love them, even the "I'm in a bad mood and don't like anything" Aki.


Overall



This BarkBox made Snuggles a very happy dog! I'm not sure if Aki just wasn't interested in anything or if she's really that nervous from her adventures outside. I'm not going to read too much into it, though.

If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for BarkBox and get your first shipment scheduled!

Our next BarkBox is scheduled to be shipped on August 15, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment