Friday, July 11, 2014

Nadine West Review - July 2014

Nadine West is a subscription box service that is a little like Stitch Fix. They ship out a few fashion items and you keep what you want and send back what you don't. A couple of differences are that Nadine West has no styling fee and sends three items instead of five.

I've been getting Nadine West shipments about once every other month, so I wasn't really expecting another until August. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband walked in the door with a little pink envelope after checking the mail.

Last month's shipment was a bit of a bust, but I forgot to send in my feedback when I shipped everything back. That means they're flying a bit blind this month.


Diamond Daisy Light Blue Top - $14.89


This shirt is a very pale blue with white lace along the neck line and at the cuffs. The material is very light and comfortable, however, the style reminds me a bit of something my late Grandma would have worn. As much as I love her, I don't share her fashion sense. The shirt is very boxy and not flattering.

On the plus side, it gave me the opportunity to teach my ten year-old son that it isn't appropriate to tell a girl a shirt makes her look fat, even if it is true. ;)

Status: Sent back



Evergreen Leaf Pendant on Gold - $24.99


This pendant looked more like a feather than a leaf to me and therefore reminded me of the owl pendant I received in my first Nadine West shipment. Too much bling for my taste and very heavy.

A price tag was left on this (and I doubt by mistake) that displayed a price of $46.99. Take from that what you will.

Status: Sent back




J. Crew Whimsical Weekly Earring Set in Pearl and Diamond - $21.99


I love it when Nadine West calls their jewelry what it clearly isn't; in this case diamond and pearl.

This set is ... cute, but I just don't see me wearing them and I chuckled a little at the idea of assigning earrings to a particular day of the week.

Besides, what would I wear on Saturday and Sunday? ;)

Status: Sent back



Overall

I can't really blame Nadine West on this one. I forgot to send in my feedback from the last shipment and kept everything in the one before that, so they didn't get any feedback then, either. My plan is to print out copies of the last three reviews and send them in. Maybe I'll see some improvement in August!

No comments :

Post a Comment