Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stitch Fix - July 2014 Review

Stitch Fix is a subscription service where a stylist sends you five items each month based on your profile. You pick what you'd like to keep and send back what you don't like.

My last Fix was a flop! I had that feeling that my stylist was not even looking at my feedback or my style profile, much less actually considering it before making my picks. I sent customer service an email explaining my problem with the fix and including a link to my blog post so they could have all the details. Customer service was fantastic!

So, after a great experience with their customer service I was really curious to find out what would be in this month's fix. My stylist was Kim.



Wrenn V-Neck Jersey Top - $44.00



The material in this shirt was so soft and the shirt was so comfortable! The royal blue color was also lovely and I loved the mini-cowl neck. However, as mentioned in other reviews around the blogosphere, it did cling to areas best left unclung.

Status: Sent back




McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse - $64.00


I really liked the sleeves on this one and it was very comfortable. I would love to wear this with a pair of black jeans (if I had a pair that fit). It's a little boxier than I like, but at least it doesn't cling. I considered keeping this one ... and then I looked at the price. I don't love this enough to pay that much.

Status: Sent back





Tabitha Embellished Cotton Shirt - $58.00


I liked the ruched sleeves and the color of this shirt. It was also another very soft and comfortable shirt. I wore my hair up for these pictures so you could better see that the embellishment was uneven. It was higher along my right shoulder than my left. The seam on the left shoulder came too far forward. The shirt was also a little clingy at the belly. It wasn't as bad as the Wrenn top, but was enough for a "no".

Status: Sent back




Tenessy Chevron Print Maxi Dress - $78.00



WHAT? I actually got something that was on my Pinterest board??? No way! Folks, I was VERY happy to see this in my Fix. I just wish it didn't take so much effort!

Obviously, I've been obsessing over this dress since Stitch Fix posted it on Facebook. I got a different color than the neutral color and I was a little concerned I'd look like a flag when wearing it with my denim jacket. This wasn't the case.

My next concern after putting it on was the length. It seemed a bit on the short side. I'm "fashion stupid" and was getting all kinds of conflicting information on how long a maxi dress or skirt should be. So, naturally, I asked my sister and mom. They liked the length and my sister pointed out that it is the comfort that matters.

Oh, and this dress is cool and comfortable! It looked great paired with my Jaimie Eyelet Striped Cardigan, too.

Now, I just have to find a nice necklace to pair with it.

Status: Kept




Emily Lightweight Chevron Infinity Scarf - $32.00


There have been a lot of infinity scarves on my Pinterest board and I'm surprised it took them this long to send one. This one has chevron print in a pink color. As it's description says, it's very light weight and would be perfect for the spring. It's the exact color and style I've been wanting.

However, it's a bit pricey. I've seen scarves similar to this one for under $10. As much as I love it, even cutting the price in half would still ring as on the expensive side for me.

In the end, a quick Internet search tells me these are out of stock most places and that I would regret sending it back.

Status: Kept




Overall


I liked the style of every item they sent me this week, so I really appreciate Stitch Fix stepping it up a bit on this one.

Any problems I had in this Fix were either price issues or issues of unflattering fit. I've got to work on that gut of mine so that I can start keeping more of these shirts!


If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for Stitch Fix and get your first Fix scheduled!

My next Fix is scheduled on August 26, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment