Tuesday, August 19, 2014

BarkBox for Small Dogs - Review August 2014

BarkBox is a subscription service that sends treats and toys that are safe for your dog based on their size. They also donate to rescued dogs.

I have two small dogs, a Shiba Inu and a Puggle. They share just one box.

They got their third BarkBox today. The theme was "Ahoy, matey!".



Muddy Buddy Dog Mop




This claims to dry a dog five times faster than a towel. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be sure to update the blog once I do.


Bocce's Bakery Lobster Roll Treats


Snuggles eats anything put in front of her, so she gobbled these treats down. Aki, however, is a bit more picky. She took it from me, dropped it on the ground, and then walked away. Snuggles quickly cleaned it up for her.

Even later when we were inside, without all the distractions and scariness of the outdoors, Aki still leaves these for Snuggles.

Safemade Nautical Bandana


I'm not the type of dog owner that dresses up my dogs. I make some exceptions. For instance, Snuggles has a pink Peyton Manning jersey, because, hey, he's awesome. She also has a couple of sweaters and jackets because she has a low tolerance for the cold and it gets pretty cold in Colorado.

Bandanas are definitely something I do not put on my dogs. In fact, whenever a groomer, boarder, or vet puts a bandana on them, I quickly take it off as soon as I'm out of their sight.

Even if I did like putting bandanas on my dogs, this was way too small. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to get it around my Puggle's thick neck. It barely made it around Aki's.



Pet Rageous Lobster




This toy squeaks and floats. Neither of my dogs love the water, so the floating component of this toy doesn't really matter to our household. However, my dogs love a toy that squeaks. Since Snuggles tears plush toys up in an instant, we gave this one to Aki. Aki loves it, but Snuggles steals it out of her pin every chance she gets.


Bixbi Daily Essentials Chicken Breast Jerky Treats



Snuggles ate this treat so fast, I wasn't able to get a good picture. Aki takes it a bit slower when she eats. She curled up with her new toy and enjoyed her treat. Both dogs seemed to really like them.


Overall

This BarkBox was a bit disappointing. I'll be interested to see how well the mat works (and Snuggles does need a bath!), but it's not something that really thrilled the dogs. The lobster toy has worked great, but everything else wasn't all that impressive. It's by far the most disappointing box I've received so far.

If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for BarkBox and get your first shipment scheduled!

Our next BarkBox is scheduled to be shipped on September 15, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment