Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stitch Fix - August 2014 Review

Stitch Fix is a subscription service where a stylist sends you five items each month based on your profile. You pick what you'd like to keep and send back what you don't like.

My last Fix was a success! After a couple of months of feeling like my style and feedback were being ignored, I finally got a Fix that matched my tastes. I was, therefore, very much looking forward to this fix.

I reminded my stylist that I live in Colorado and cool weather is right around the corner (even in late August, although the days are warm, the mornings already have that nip in the air). I also asked my stylist to consider sending me the Market and Spruce Analisse Anorak Jacket I saw on Hot Heels, Cool Kicks, & a Scalpel and was delighted and a little giggly to see it on the list when the Fix shipped!

My stylist this month was Kim, which is the same stylist I got last month. That's the first time a stylist has worked on my Fix more than once.


Sheridan Striped V-Neck Tab Sleeve Blouse - $48.00


Like much of what Stitch Fix sends me, the material on this shirt was light and comfortable. It had cute straps on the shoulder to match the ones on the sleeves. Because of the color and the light material, this shirt would need to be layered with something.

I liked the design of this shirt, but it fit a bit baggy as though it was too large. I know, I complained last month of my shirts being to clingy. What can I say? I'm hard to please. ;)

The material was also so light, that the sleeves didn't like to stay rolled up. The shirt also wrinkled easily.

Status: Sent back




Talulah Plaid Print Henley Top - $48.00


Unlike the flannels I used to wear in the 90s, this plaid shirt is very light. I love the colors in this shirt and it feels great. It's large enough in the chest area that the gold buttons don't seem to be threatening to come undone. It also looks great underneath my denim jacket.

The tabbed sleeves are also a good length so that they don't interfere with the bending of my elbow.

Status: Kept





Clemency Graphic Print Tab Sleeve Tunic - $64.00


This poor top never had a chance of becoming a part of my wardrobe. First of all, I have so much blue in my closet, that I probably should back off the color for a bit (I should mark that on my style profile). Secondly, although I tend to like long shirts, for whatever reason, I'm not a big fan of the tunic. Thirdly, the sleeves fell at an awkward position on my arms, creating a need to constantly push them up to bend an elbow. Finally, the price was way too high.

Status: Sent back




Analisse Anorak Jacket - $88.00


As I mentioned before, I asked for this jacket and Kim delivered! When I pulled it out of the box, I giggled like a school girl. This jacket is light-weight, super soft, and super wonderful. It will be great to wear during the temperamental Colorado autumn. Although a bit costly, I'm willing to spend this much on a jacket, especially one that I love!

Thrilled!

Status: Kept




Booker Fold Over Crossbody Bag - $64.00


This bag was actually on my Pinterest board, but in teal. I like the color of this bag as well, but I must have been missing something, because it wasn't a crossbody bag. The strap was too small.

I loved this bag, though. The color is great, it's big enough for a mom, it's got zippers and compartments everywhere, and it even has a zipper at the bottom to make it a little wider if needed.

However, I couldn't justify spending $64 on it. If this bag had been about $20 cheaper, I would have definitely kept it.

Status: Sadly sent back




Overall


I was once again pleased with my Fix this month. From the note my stylist left, I can see that she is actually paying attention to my feedback and my profile. That was all I was asking for back in June.

My next Fix is scheduled for September 23, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment