Saturday, June 28, 2014

Stitch Fix - June / July 2014 Review

Stitch Fix is a subscription service where a stylist sends you five items each month based on your profile. You pick what you'd like to keep and send back what you don't like.

My last Fix was quite a success! I was very pleased that I kept three of the five items.

This month, I saw a Facebook post from Stitch Fix about how to make a maxi dress versatile for the person who wants to travel lightly for their summer vacation. It had the Tenessy Chevron-Print Maxi and the Daria Chevron Infinity Scarf pictured in one of their examples. I usually don't wear dresses, mostly because I like keeping my legs covered. However, maxi dresses solve this problem and seem like they would be very comfortable during the summer. I was inspired. I asked that one or two maxi dresses be included in my Fix. I mentioned that I was looking for something versatile so that I could wear it to church and also casually. Maybe something I could throw my denim jacket over. Unfortunately, the dress that inspired me was not included in the shipment nor was the cute scarf they had pictured with it.

My Fix came a few days early this month, so I got it on Saturday instead of Tuesday making it a two Fix month! My stylist this month was Josh.


Kahlo Emroidered Solid Tank - $48.00



This is a shirt I see a lot on Stitch Fix blogs and everyone seems to love it. Until I had it in hand, I didn't see what the big deal was. This shirt is very light and comfortable. It's a little fitted at the sides to keep it from looking boxy and I love the unique style at the bottom of the shirt. However, I don't like the embroidery at all. It looks like someone took a doily and slapped it on a perfectly good shirt. That alone is enough to make me send this back.

Status: Sent back




Savannah Chevron Print Tank - $44.00


So, from the looks of it, between the time I took the last picture, and the time I took this picture, I put on about forty pounds. Well, so far this shirt isn't working for me. This tank top was a bit sheer and the colors were a bit loud. I decided to throw my denim jacket over it and that seemed to help, but the fit of the shirt just wasn't right for me. It's very boxy and, once again, unflattering.

Status: Sent back





Carlita Multi Chevron Maxi Dress - $78.00


I finally got to one of the maxi dresses. I love the colors and the length was just right. It was very comfortable and would be easily dressed up or down.

But wait ... is that a tank top I'm wearing under it? Yes. You see, I'm very modest which is why on my style profile under "Cleavage" I have selected "Less is more, keep it covered".

Remember, too, I asked for something that was versatile enough to wear casually and to CHURCH.

FAIL!

Status: Sent back





Bellatrix Embroidered Detail Maxi Dress - $88.00


If I look annoyed in my picture, it's because I am. Take a look at my Pinterest board. Does it look like this type of dress would be something I'd be excited about? No, no, no.

I don't know where to begin with this dress. Yes, it's modest up top, but that's the only thing I liked about it. The color is a dingy yellow, I still don't like embroidery, and it has a rope for a belt. Have I mentioned it was way too long? Oh yeh, and then there's the price.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Status: Sent back




Leah Straight Cuffed Jeans - $78.00


After thus far experiencing the worst Fix ever, I said to my husband, "maybe the jeans will fit."

I put the jeans on and then I put on my Hallowell Ombre Knit Sweater to remind me why I subscribed to Stitch Fix.

Remember, last month I got the Dean Ankle Zip Skinny Jean and I said, "I don't know if they were designed to be short, but I'm a girl of the 90s where "high waters" were just not acceptable and I still haven't gotten out of that mind set."

Do I need to say more? My expression in the picture says it all: grin and bear it.

Status: Sent back




Overall


This is one of those Fixes where I feel like the stylist wasn't paying attention. I don't mind paying the $20 styling fee if I feel like they're trying, but there were at least two items sent that directly went against previous reviews or my styling profile and another item that screams "don't send that to her!". I'm pretty frustrated and will probably contact customer service.

As for the maxi dresses, neither one felt like it was inspired by the Tenessy Chevron-Print Maxi Dress. I understand that they don't take requests, but I was hoping to get something at least a little close to both the dress and the scarf. I once again feel a little denied.

Oh, well. I think I saw a similar dress at Gap. Maybe I'll give them a visit.

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Stitch Fix's customer service and they have been fantastic! I've been updating my style profile and Pinterest board and hope to see better Fixes in the future.


If you like what you see here, make sure to sign up for Stitch Fix and get your first Fix scheduled!

My next Fix is scheduled on July 29, 2014.

No comments :

Post a Comment