Friday, June 27, 2014

A Personalized Birthday Gift for Kids

I'm always looking for interesting gifts for the boys. They love items that are personalized like the book "Lost My Name" (thanks to Alyssa at MyWhitePaperPackages for the review) where they join a boy in search of his name, find amazing creatures, and discover the boy's name is the same as theirs.

So, I got them a personalized song for their birthdays. My siblings and I grew up with the tradition of hearing the song back when they came on 45 records. It's Captain Zoom and in the song he's trying to find the perfect birthday gift for your child.

I have to tell you, the dubbing is AWFUL. To me, the differences in the voices when Captain Zoom is singing and when he actually uses the child's name are obvious. It actually made me laugh a bit the first time I heard the song as an adult. However, as a child, I remember this song was a fascinating part of my day and added to the joy and excitement of a day where all the attention was on me. It's for that reason, the memory, that I would recommend this song for your kids.

Don't worry, the song doesn't come on 45 records anymore. For some reason, they've switched over to a downloadable MP3. ;)

Just go to Captain Zoom's website and use the dropdown box to select the name.

No comments :

Post a Comment