Saturday, June 14, 2014

Nadine West - June 2014 Review

Nadine West is a subscription box service that is a little like Stitch Fix. They ship out a few fashion items and you keep what you want and send back what you don't. A couple of differences are that Nadine West has no styling fee and sends three items instead of five.

My last Nadine West review was in April. No, I didn't skip a month. It seems they did. So far, I've received boxes from them every other month despite their advertising which says they ship every month.


Pale Pink Sleeveless Top with Button Shoulder Details - $14.89


Sleeveless? No, I don't think so. This shirt had wide sleeves and looked almost heathered. If you saw my review of the Aleah V-Neck Heathered Dolman Sleeve Shirt, you know what I think of the style. Once again, I know this 80s look is trending, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I did like the little details like the slightly ruched sides and the buttons on the sleeves, but I just don't care for wings on my shirts.

Status: Sent back



Dark Pink Pave Dangles - $9.99


I think I just saw a pair of earrings like these at Target, except they were in the little girls section. These are very sparkly and I'm sure if I were nine years old I'd be thrilled to see them, but I'm a grown woman now and something this sparkly just doesn't fit my style.

Status: Sent back




Tears of Amber Statement Necklace - $21.99


I loved the color of this necklace. The problem I had with it is that it sat awkwardly on my collarbone so that when ever I moved, a section of the necklace would point strangely forward.

Status: Sent back




Overall

It's always a shame when I send everything back and this is the second time out of three shipments that I've done so. Since there is no styling fee, however, it costs me nothing and I'll continue to look forward to shipments from the company. I won't hold my breath to get one in July, though.

No comments :

Post a Comment